2013 High-Level Dialogue on International Migration and Development Series 2
Roundtable 1 - "Sustainable Development and the Post-2015 Development Framework"
This roundtable was organized in collaboration with the Government of Bangladesh and the Delegation of the European Union.
The theme of this roundtable is linked to the first of the four roundtable themes of the General Assembly's High-Level Dialogue on International Migration and Development that will take place on 3 and 4 October 2013, namely "Assessing the effects of international migration on sustainable development and identifying relevant priorities in view of the preparation of the post-2015 development framework".
Date: Thursday 24 January 2013
Time: 10:00 am - 13:00 pm
Venue: Conference Room 2, North Lawn Building, United Nations, New York
Watch it online
Documents (displayed and/or distributed during the Roundtable)
- Migration Profiles (IOM):
- UN System Task Team on the Post-2015 UN Development Agenda - Thematic Think Piece: Migration and Human Mobility (IOM and UNDESA)
- World Migration Report 2013 - Working Paper: Labour Migration and Development Indicators in the Post-2015 Global Development Framework (IOM, P.L. Martin)
- Indicators of the Impact of Migration on Human Development and Vice Versa (ACP Observatory on Migration, Susanne Melde)
Presentations and Remarks
- Opening Remarks by Ambassador Momen, Permanent Representative of the People's Republic of Bangladesh
- Opening Remarks by Ambassador Vrailas, Deputy Head of the Delegation of the European Union
- Mr. Dilip Ratha (World Bank) - Economic pillar of sustainable development
- Mr. Graeme Hugo (University of Adelaide) - Environmental pillar of sustainable development